Monday, July 12, 2010

Saran Wrap

Tonight we had Mexican food for dinner. Taquitos (so not homemade though!), fried corn, beans,  and rice. It was pretty yummy! Plus I like arranging the plate, but I'm sure the due from Hell's Kitchen wouldn't approve. I don't really care- my husband liked it!

I tried putting bacon in the refried beans like I had at Chevy's. Mine weren't as tasty, but I think I would cook it in a skillet next time and then mix the crumbled bacon and grease into the beans. It does give a pretty good flavor, if you like the added texture. I'm sure Chevy's has some other secret ingredient...

Then we had Brownie Cream Cheese bars for dessert- my mom's recipe. For a twist, I put them into muffin tins for serving size pieces. You see, Justin and I always fight over who gets the inside pieces, so this made things more fair. They were wrapped in saran wrap.

After dinner, we're cleaning up. Justin packs his lunch with the leftovers, and I start packing everything else up. When he had finished, I asked him to saran wrap the small bowl of chopped tomatoes. He holds up the previously used saran wrap from the brownies and says, "this'll work, right?"

I said no. "We can definitely afford to get a new piece of saran wrap for the bowl of chopped tomatoes," I said in desperation.

"Times are tight with the economy and everything," he starts chuckling at his joke.

Not that tight. Not as tight as a second hand piece of saran wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment