Friday, July 9, 2010

Face Recognition? Yikes!

I heard about this the other day- Facebook can automatically tag photos using face recognition technologies. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I just don't like it. In this article from cnn.com, they claim the technology isn't really that good yet, so we don't have much to worry about. Sure, the sci-fi futuristic movies make the technology look much more advanced that it really is in real life. (Hello, people, don't get caught in tv land or movie world!)

I just don't like the idea of being tagged in some picture that I don't know about. What if you have weird look on your face? What if it's a silly picture from a high school spirit day? What if you just don't want to associate with people anymore that were with you in the picture? Now, I would assume that you are notified when you are tagged, and that you can still un-tag yourself. But goodness, all that work? Anyways, I have yet to log on to Facebook and see what has changed. I'll try to update when I do!

On another note, VBS ended well! It was our first VBS ever for our church, which I think I noted in a previous post. Overall I was please, though I would have hoped to have some more unchurched kids too!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment