Monday, July 19, 2010

Hogs and Hillbillies: County Fair Style

I love going to the fair. I always have. To me, it's America as much as New York City ever was. The down-to-earth, hard-working, farm-loving people who come are just astounding. I love to see all the kids who work so hard to get their animals ready and care for them. And so many different people coming together in one place too.

I love America. And I love the fair.

Well, my cousin Austin was showing his pig. It was supposed to do really well, but apparently it was "weak on it's feet"- it wasn't walking very well. He took 6th in his class, but we were all hoping that he would do better. He's done quite well the last two years, even winning Grand Champion before!

I rode over with me grandma and grandpa as well as my two cousins Janae and Talitha. Here's a few pics of the fun!


They put funny clothes on the sheep... to keep them clean I suppose...

Rabbits
Chicken barn... this is one huge chicken! On the left it is bending over for some food I guess!
Eating lunch with grandma and grandpa
Cousins!
My favorite sign EVER
Gotta love blue tongues from Slushies!
Austin showing his pig

No comments:

Post a Comment