Friday, July 16, 2010

Hike to Powell Lake

Yesterday I went hiking with Kelly, the science teacher that was next door during my first two years of teaching. She was invaluable to my those first two turbulent years- she listened and gave advice, all without being judgemental. And I miss her a lot at my new job, because there isn't anyone like her! But we still get together from time to time to go hiking... a common hobby. Yesterday we did a four mile hike to Powell Lake. It was a pretty moderate hike and we even had to cross snow at times. The best place we passed was "Burst Rock," which, according to a legend, a pioneer woman gave birth on. Ewww. Not so pleasant of a place now. At least it had great views. Check it out below!

The picture below this one is to the right of me here
Burst Rock
Wildflower amongst the rocks



































Snow tunnel
Powell Lake
Kelly and I at a vista point

And here's  video clip of the Burst Rock area from the Flip Video camera that Justin's parents got us for our anniversary! Click on the expand button to see it bigger. Just hit escape when it is finished playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment