Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time Slows. Heart Stops.

Today I, or should I say Justin, had quite a scare. This morning, Justin was working outside pulling some weeks. It was getting hot by about 11:00 today too.. in the '90's. I was inside scrap booking and pretty oblivious to anything around me. After a bit he came in to cool off and set down at the table where I was working, and proceeded to browse the web. All of a sudden, he collapsed onto the floor.

Then time slowed painfully. My heart stopped.

I jumped up and knelt on the floor beside him. He was passed out and laying on his side. I rolled him over and called, "Justin, Justin!" I was so grateful that he came to in just a few seconds, but it took me less time than that to start tearing up. When you feel totally unable to help, it's horrible. I can't imagine losing him. I don't know what I would do, and I don't even want to think about it.

In just a minute he sat up and leaned against the wall. I got him some water and then wiped his forehead with a cold, wet cloth because he was perspiring and had scratched his forehead somehow when he fainted. It looks more of like a rug burn, so hopefully it will go away soon. (I told him that until then, I can put some concealer on- I'm not sure if he'll like that too much though!) Apparently, he hadn't drank anything except a glass of milk this morning. And as we traced our way back, he realized that since he had been so busy at work, he hadn't been drinking much water during the day on Friday. We also had went running last night, and he had only had about half a cup of water after that. So luckily, the cause was found- it was dehydration.

I've been shoving water and kool-aid at him all day. He's starting to roll his eyes at me now, but hey, I just can't handle that kind of scare again. Not to the man I love so much.

So just a warning to everyone out there in this hot weather: drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment