Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunny Cove Beach

I love this beach!! I came here with family when I visited California in high school, and have returned several times since. Usually there are just a few people around, and you can get in the ocean and play around too. It's this great little cove that is protected somewhat from the wind. The only drawback is that there aren't any bathrooms, and it is unsigned. So if you have never been here before, it's hard to find. I actually don't want to tell about it on the blog, but it's such a great place I still will.

There is a hotel right at the top of the street called Sunny Cove Motel. Usually we park across the street in the shopping center by Dollar Tree. (And of course we always go in and spend a few bucks so our parking is legit.) I think you can park at the top of the hill in either side, but this was easier for us since Dollar Tree has restrooms anyways. The intersection is Cliff Drive and 17th Street in Santa Cruz. I know Santa Cruz sounds like mayhem, but this one is farther down from all the craziness. (By the way, we passed Twin Lakes State Beach and it looked like a good option too) There were more people there than I have seen before when we dropped by last Saturday, but it was still a great place to spend a few hours.

























Normally that giant puddle isn't in the middle but there must have been a rain or something. The kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment