Thursday, July 21, 2011

Payless Coupon Surprise

I stopped in Payless yesterday, and I walked out with this (see below) for $6.43.

So here's how it worked. I first was going to buy only the black sandals for $6. Pretty cheap, right? But then the friendly sales associate came and gave me a one-day only coupon for $5 off two pairs of shoes that total over $10 together, OR $10 off three pairs of shoes that total over $15 dollars together. Got that? 

So, I decided to get the first two pairs- the black for $6 and the silver ones for $6 = $12 (total) - $5 (coupon) = $7 plus tax. And I'm sitting back saying, "Justin is gonna be proud of my savvy sale shopping." THEN, the associate helps me realize that if I "buy" the last pair of blue striped flip-flops for $3.99, it would bring my total to $15.99 and I would qualify for $10 off, thus making the entire purchase of three pairs of sandals..... $6.43. Nice. 

I've decided that they must really be trying to get rid of their summer stock of shoes, or else I was just lucky in finding cheap sale items that fit. Either way, that's about $2.14 per pair, so I was pretty pumped.

Check out their sales online www.payless.com

No comments:

Post a Comment