Thursday, July 14, 2011

Medal of Honor

I live in a great country. America. It's the best. Yes, I have nationalistic pride. And I'm proud of that pride too. It's the land of the free and the home of the brave, and I don't want to be anywhere else. I don't care who slams this country and says it mean or whatever, because we still have thousands of people coming here every year who want a better life in America. It's not perfect, I know. But it's a great place to live. And we try our very best to keep it that way.

I'm reminded of that again when they announce the military hero and Medal of Honor recipient, Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Petry. He lost his hand fighting to help his comrades when he grabbed a live grenade and threw it out of the way. I am just so floored at his bravery and selflessness in that situation. There is no doubt that our military constantly preserve freedom for us back at home.

Now he has a new bionic hand to use instead of a hook. I think it's awesome that he will have some of his function back in that new hand. Thank you, Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Petry for your service to my country. I appreciate it!

Go here for a the full story.
Go here for a picture slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment