Friday, July 15, 2011

4 miles

4 miles. That's how far I ran last night. I'm proud to say that I didn't stop to walk either! I haven't done that much at once in a while. Of course I have been hiking, and up to 13 miles, but its a different kind of endurance. It's not so strenuous for the most part, unless it is a really steep hike. But I did it!!! Yay! I am really trying to get myself back in shape, because I know that it's just too easy for a few pounds to get added and not be taken care of!

For the run, I cruised (and panted, and heaved) around our block. I'm in the country, you see, so the block is 4 miles total. I was actually cooler last night, so it was at a good condition. But the roads are so darn straight that four miles just seems like forever. It's funny too because when I hit about 3 miles the movement just became automatic. I wanted to stop and walk, but I kept telling myself I could do it. (Though I really didn't want to) It was good to push myself a little bit, and I think that I need to sign up for some 5-K's. The only problem is that so many of them are on Sundays now, and I don't want to miss church...

About the last 3/4ths of a mile it was getting dark really fast. I was happy when I saw Justin jogging toward me on the road, and he ran the last half of a mile back with me. That was nice, because even though we live in a really safe area, I don't want to run too close dark. But I made it back with him, then got some water and did quite a bit of stretching. I'm not too sore today, but usually it hits me a day after.

Hopefully I'm not too sore tomorrow, because we have a hike planned.... uh-oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment