Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stanislaus County Fair

There's just something about the fair... The colors or the rows of games booths and rides; the lights; the smells of corn dogs, cotton candy, cinnamon rolls, funnel cakes; the sounds of sheep, goats, cows, pigs, chickens and children; the atmosphere of good clean fun all around. I love it. Even though it really is getting expensive ($12 a ticket), I still like going for the experience. So Justin and I went last Friday night.

They actually had a discount on the ticket if you brought canned foods to donate, and rides were all $1. My deal-finding obsession felt a little better after this. We ate corn dogs and fries for dinner, with a funnel cake for dessert later on. We rode the Scrambler (a total kiddie ride) and the Ferris wheel, which was the first time I can remember going on one. I got some good pictures from up there.


The part I like best is seeing people I know. I saw a few of my students from the last two years, so it was nice to say hello to them. I remember when I went back to the fair in Ohio though, it was like you saw everyone in town. I suppose I would know more people if I grew up here...   All in all though, it was a great time and I'm glad we went!

Check out this roasting pig!!



No comments:

Post a Comment