Saturday, March 1, 2014

Crockpot Sausage Meatball Soup


Along the theme of more protein, like I blogged about earlier, and since it's still chilly on this March 1, I decided to try to be creative with the sausage that I had waiting to be used in the fridge. I also had beans in the pantry, so I decided to combine both for a hearty soup. I thought it turned out great, and my hubby when back for a second bowl. Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Sausage Meatball Soup

Sausage Meatballs
1 lb sausage
1 egg
10 finely crushed crackers
2 T milk

Mix above ingredients well. Form into 1-inch balls (use a cookie scoop for a shortcut). Brown all sides of meatball in a skillet.

Soup
3 cans of your favorite beans (I used cannellini, great northern, and black)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
1 cup water

Combine all ingredients in crockpot and mix well. Add browned meatballs and cook on high 4-5 hours. (You can easily make this soup serve more people by adding extra beans and seasonings.)Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with cornbread. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment