Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Easy Bacon Carbonara

I was getting low on meat options, but had bacon in the fridge... and I remembered how Cheesecake Factory has a delicious carbonara dish that I frequently get... so I thought I would go for it. After researching chicken carbonara recipes, I adapted to what I had in my fridge. It turned out to be tasty!




Bacon Carbonara

6 oz. whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles
6 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp parsley
4 oz cream cheese
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 c. cooked peas

1. Start water boiling for noodles. Add noodles and cook until done.

2. Meanwhile, sauté bacon pieces, garlic, basil, and parsley in a skillet till bacon is crispy. Set aside.

3. In separate mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese, egg, milk, and parmesan cheese until well combined.

4. Place cheese mixture in the same skillet that you cooked the bacon in, and stir over low heat until mixture is well blended. It will begin to thicken as you stir. When mixture is creamy, add warm peas and bacon mixture. Stir together to blend flavors.

5. Combine warm noodles and sauce in serving bowl and serve with a garnish of fresh parsley or parmesan, if desired. Yum!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment