Sunday, March 23, 2014

How to Make a Cardboard Castle

While it took a little time and craftiness, the castle was worth it. My niece loved it and I know she will get a lot of play out of it. So here's a few pictures of the cardboard castle and how it all came together. I hope you get a chance to make your own cardboard castle!

Estimated project time: 8-10 hours

1. Get cardboard. I chose one large box (recliner) as the central castle that connected to two smaller boxes (toilets) as wings. Then I had a flat, long piece to connect them all and provide support.
2. Trace and cut outlines of the top of the castle and windows with a box cutter- be careful!
3. Spray paint desired colors.
4. Add duck tape details to make the castle look like it has brick and mortar. Seal all cardboard edges with duck tape.
5. Finish with banners, foam stars, scrap fabric for curtains, etc. Ta-da! Your very own castle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment