Sunday, October 7, 2012

Homeowners make progress in the kitchen

Well, we are making some progress on the kitchen. Justin got the floor completely ripped up this weekend. Then I started patching trouble spots on the wall from where the cabinets came out. Since we are installing open shelving on two of the three walls, I had quite a bit to patch. I finished the first round yesterday, and today Justin worked on sanding it down. I felt bad that he had to do all this, but my eye gets irritated from the dust, so he has to do it. By the time he was done it looked liked the kitchen had been through a snowstorm- it was pretty white. Justin's hair looked like it was gray. tehehe... in 30 years... Good thing I put up some plastic over the doorways, or the dust would have been everywhere. But I still need to go over it again to make it really smooth after we pick up some more drywall mud... we uh, ran out....




While he did that, I worked on painting a first coat on the bedroom that I had done trim work on yesterday. It's the master bedroom, and I can only do three of the four walls right now because we have to cut a door in one wall for the bathroom. You see, there is a four-foot space between the kitchen and the master bedroom that has a half-bath and a closet. Our plan, eventually, is to take down the wall between the closet and half-bath so that it can be a full bath. We will have it open into the bedroom instead of the kitchen, so it's not an awkward bathroom off the kitchen. Plus that opens up a wall for more storage space. Sometime maybe I'll post the drawings of how this works, because I'm sure that it doesn't make much sense to read.

Our awesome neighbor Bert came over to say hello and ask what he could help with tomorrow morning. So I gave him the utility room to paint in White Raisin, the same color the kitchen will be in. It's a pale yellow that is part of the Rustic Refined color scheme from Sherwin-Williams. Speaking of, we need to go pick up a few more gallons since we got a coupon over email about another sale. I think we are almost done with buying paint now though, thank goodness!

Oh yea, and Bert had us come over to eat some of the carrot cake that he made. He's the best neighbor EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment