Saturday, October 20, 2012

Walling up a door frame

After we cut the door frame out yesterday, it was time to put framing and drywall in so could make it disappear. Justin had a little bit of experience with framing, so he put in the 2x4's after trimming them to size. Then he cut the drywall to size and hung it with screws. Sure, he's not a pro, but it did the job.
 
After that, I started mudding up the seams. This is the most frustrating part because mudding is truly frustrating for the novice. The professional that drywalled the bathroom was a pro- he was so skilled and didn't seem to sweat it at all. But me, I take a lot of time, and still I don't think that I am too good. I am getting a little better with keeping the edges smooth, but I know that Justin will still have to sand quite a bit. But this was just the first coat, and we will hopefully get it where it needs to be. We did use the drywall mesh on the seams, which seemed to help. Now we just wait for it to dry and then finish it off.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment