Monday, October 15, 2012

Autumn Weather...Surprise!

That old saying still rings true, "If you don't like the weather in Ohio, stick around for a day and it will change." After being on the cooler side this week, Friday and Saturday brought some warm weather. It was perfect for refinishing the deck and enjoying being outside. I took the opportunity to plant some of the bulbs that grandma had saved for me- I can't wait to see them come up next spring. Hopefully I did everything right and they survive the winter.

Our big tree in the backyard is shedding its leaves rather quickly. I swear I could probably rake leaves twice a day. It is so beautiful though; I am going to miss the leaves once they are all gone. Seeing them come back again next year is going to be a joy; hopefully we have some porch furniture by then and can have people over to enjoy. But for now, the weather has turned windy and rainy again, and we will stay inside!

Speaking of inside, Justin had to dig a trench in the basement this weekend for the new water line for the washer. Apparently the drainage was a problem in the utility room, so the washer and dryer will be moved downstairs. We actually wanted that in the first place, just to get it out of the way. But all the little changes add up in the cost... At least we will save a little from Justin doing the digging.

We also finally finished tearing out the cabinets, mudding and sanding the kitchen this weekend, and were able to get a coat of paint on the walls. It makes such a difference. I am definitely starting to get excited about seeing the flooring, cabinets, and countertops come together as well. Only two weeks or so till it is all done! (I think I can wait that long...)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment