Friday, June 20, 2014

Taco Casserole

A few nights ago we had tacos, with Spanish rice to go along with them. But I always make too much rice... so needed to use it up. I came up with: Taco Casserole! I just used the leftover rice, and cooked up some thin-sliced pork for the meat. Depending on how much you have left will depend on the size of the pan you use. My pan was 7x7 or so. I made it in the morning and then put it in the oven when I started to feed my baby, so I could have it cooking at the same time. I bet this would be an easy casserole to freeze too. Perhaps the best thing is that you really don't have to worry about the proportions of the ingredients!

Taco Casserole
1-2 cans refried beans
2+ cups of leftover Spanish rice
1/2 + pound taco meat- pork, chicken, beef, etc
1 + cup salsa
cheddar cheese

Layer ingredients with refried beans on the bottom of your casserole dish, then rice, meat, salsa, and cheese on top. Bake in oven at 350 about 30 minutes or until warm in center.

No comments:

Post a Comment