Friday, May 30, 2014

Using overripe bananas

In spite of my best efforts, I always seem to have bananas going bad. I use them in smoothies and eat them plain, and bug my hubby to eat them, but they just don't get used quick enough. I thought I would look for a recipe besides banana bread to use them, and I found one for banana cookies with oatmeal. Score for a slightly healthier cookie option!

I mixed up the recipe, which you can find HERE, and it wasn't very stiff for cookie dough, so I put it into a 9x13 and an 8x8. Glad I did, because when I baked it, it did end up more like bread.... but hey, at least I used the bananas and got some oatmeal in there too. Maybe my bananas were too ripe? Or bigger than standard? Not sure. I wish I could find a good recipe for cookies made with bananas.... this one tastes great, it's just not cookie texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment