Friday, May 2, 2014

Date (fruit) Brownies

I wish I could say this post about brownies was unrelated to pregnancy, but it's not. Apparently research has shown that women who eat dates in the four weeks preceding their due date seem to have a larger cervical dilation, along with other positive features (see article here). Of course I'm only two weeks out from my due date, but I thought, hey, it couldn't hurt! So I found a recipe online. Many of these date brownie recipes are from raw foodists or gluten-free, which is great if you are trying to be healthy. The recipe I tried calls for a cup of dates (processed down in a food processor) to sweeten the brownies. Easy to make and I thought they came out pretty good. More on the chewy than the fudgy side (did I overcook maybe?), but I still liked them. As a bonus, I melted down chocolate chips while the brownies were still warm for a yummy topping.

Here's the recipe. I did use regular flour because I don't have almond flour. 

I'm not in labor yet, but of course I haven't finished the pan yet either. Give me another day or so, okay? LOL....

No comments:

Post a Comment