Saturday, March 27, 2010

Monster Trucks and Egos


My question is, what makes someone get their truck lifted?

Is it just that they think it looks cool? Or is it that they never want to be able to fit through a drive-thru again? I mean seriously, what does getting your truck lifted accomplish except being higher than everyone else on the road?

Now, sometimes I do think that it looks cool, but only if it is a little bit and if the tires themselves aren't supersized. Otherwise, it seems like these drivers are just on an ego trip and need to go to some self-esteem counseling. I mean, look again at the picture above. What does this truck communicated except that it is trying to be the biggest and the baddest thing on the road?

Anyways, I just feel like I see more and more of them. Just last night my husband and I saw one pull into the Winco parking lot right after us. Then we see this short 5'5'' guy jump out. He probably had to have a stool to just climb into the cab!

If anyone has any idea why people spend all this money to make just getting into their car difficult, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment