Thursday, March 11, 2010

And the winner is...

Today wraps up my meetings with grad schools. I met with National University in Stockton today and CSU Stanislaus yesterday. Overall, I felt that the admissions staff at CSU were friendlier, more helpful, and very knowledgeable about the program. I also felt like it would be easy to talk to someone in the department to get more specific information on courses and expectations. The other pro of CSU is the price and location. I could finish my Masters there in the city I teach in about a year, and under $10,000, which would be affordable. While I still need to apply for grants/scholarships, I think this amount is more do-able than the others, which are about twice as much. The quality of classes and experience would be higher too, I think, because the requirements for getting in the program are more stringent.

I can tell it's Thursday, because I am pooped! More on grad school later!

No comments:

Post a Comment