Monday, March 11, 2013

Teriyaki Venison Loin Sandwiches


Here comes dinner! I had some venison loin that I needed to use, as well as ciabatta bread, so combined the two! I marinated the venison loin (butterfly cut) for 8 hours, then broiled for 4 minutes on each side. If you make these, you can adjust the broil time to your desired doneness. While they were broiling, I buttered the ciabatta bread and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. When the venison was done, I broiled the bread until slightly brown, and layered it all up with a slice of provolone cheese! The cheese helped tone the flavor, and the crispy bread from the broiler gave textures. I'll have to do this one again. My only change would be to dilute the teriyaki sauce a little bit; it was a little strong.
 
I looked over to see my husband smiling. "Do you like it?" I asked.
 
"Yup. Next time you could do it with barbecue," he quipped.
 
I rolled my eyes. That man likes barbecue sauce with just about anything. Still, teriyaki would be my choice here, and he liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment