Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A First for Spike

When we came home from church tonight, a surprise was waiting for us. A small mouse on the porch. Poor thing, it was just laying there limp... apparently Spike had gotten to it earlier and left it on the porch.

Spike appeared again, and began playing with the poor little mouse. Seriously, he just throws it up and down and pounces on it, and then slaps it around with his paws. While I feel bad for the mouse, I am uber abundantly excited that Spike is learning to feed himself. That first six weeks or so of canned cat food is just more than I wanted to invest. We just switched to dry food this week, which is much more reasonable in price. But really, I wanted a cat partially to keep the varmints away from the house. Being in the country, we seem to have quite a few.

Next step, gophers!

I'm just hoping I don't have a mouse skeleton on the porch in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment