Thursday, October 13, 2011

Homecoming Week

It's homecoming week at school, and with that comes spirit days. Back in high school, as a cheerleader, I LOVED every spirit day. Dressing up is just too fun- clash day, cowboy day, Hawaiian day, retro day, etc... the creativity is never ending.One of the days this week is class theme day, and since I'm the sophomore class advisor, I got to wear Sponge-bob themed outfit. I took this quite seriously.

We only had one box at home that I could really fit into to wear. I wasn't happy with the shape of the box, but I went to Wal-mart and Dollar Tree and neither had any boxes for me. So I went with one we had that was a little too square. I cut holes first for my head (and man, my head is bigger than I thought) and for my arms. Then I had to paint a few coats of yellow and orange to add depth. After that, I sprayed white for the shirt and eyes, and then brownish-gray for the pants. I definitely used a picture to refer to when I drew the face on. To finish it off, I added black lines with puffy paint. Score! A sweet costume!

At lunch time, I walked around and got some stares, though most people just thought that it was neat that I would actually go all out. (Today, I actually heard that a kid saw me and wanted to get a picture with me but he was too scared to ask- that's pretty hilarious!)

I kinda feel like a kid again in grandma's craft room when I make a costume like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment