Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pregnancy Week 24 Update

Things are moving fast. It's crazy that I'm just a few weeks away from my third trimester. I am really starting to show too. While I could make some of my pre-pregnancy clothes work so far, most are out of commission as of now! Thankfully, I haven't had any headaches for the last few weeks, which is a huge blessing. I know people were praying for me, and God is good! I'm still not sleeping very well, just having a hard time getting comfortable, but if that's the only issue right now, I'll take it.

I got my alumni gym membership at CU so I can walk/run on the track. I've been going with my cousin Janae when we can both coordinate. It feels good to get that running in, even if it's just a mile. Of course, I can't really run the mile straight through because of the pressure on my bladder and having to run to the restroom all the time. But still, I love the exercise.

With everything expanding, I found an amazing store for maternity bras called Alberta's in Centerville, Ohio. I went in, got measured, tried on bras, and was out in ten minutes. Fabulous. Now I actually have two bras that fit! If anyone is a larger size and has problem finding the proper fit, this is the place to go! The bra I got was about $45, which is a little higher than I like to pay for a regular bra, but well worth it for a good fit at this time in pregnancy.

I've been upping the protein in my diet as recommended by our classes, which hard for me to do, but I know it gets my body and the baby ready for birth. They recommend 80-100 grams of protein a day. It's hard for me to get to that point, especially when I'm not hungry. I've been trying to eat more foods with higher protein counts to get to this point- Greek yogurt, nuts, cheese, eggs, chicken... Unfortunately, most fruits and veggies don't have much protein, though they have other important nutrients. So I find myself really thinking about what I eat and trying to get a good balance. No way I'm perfect though- I definitely splurged on Oreo cheesecake on Saturday for Justin's birthday. At least I'm working toward the goal the majority of the time.

I've definitely been feeling my baby boy kicking around on a regular basis. It's a lot of fun to wonder what position he is in, and how he is interpreting his watery world right now. Justin and I continue to go to our Bradley Method birthing classes, and they are really profitable. We get to be around other couples at our same place in life, and learn more about the birth process. I am determined to give birth with the least interventions as possible, because it just seems best for the baby. I certainly don't think I'm some kind of superwoman, but I just keep thinking that if women have done it naturally for thousands of years, then I can too. Of course, if there is some kind of complication, we would do whatever is best for the baby. I've been reading lots of books on birth though, and this the conclusion Justin and I have come to.

Speaking of the classes, Justin was a assigned to write a poem or letter to me about this time in our life. It's so great, I will end this post with it:

Our life so far has been just us;
Learning, living, and building trust;
We’ve shared joys and crossed many states,
Letting no day together go to waste.
Through it all, our love has grown -
We will soon welcome a boy of our own!
New sights and sounds, a bump and small kicks
Are bringing a joy we’ve never witnessed.
As my wife you are perfect like no other,
And I can’t wait to see you as a new mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment