Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 Review

So here's the truth: I would have posted sooner, but Google told me I had reached my storage limit. Now their charging me $2.49 a month so that I can have more photo space. So you better be thankful, people! I really contemplated just opening a new blog, but that's a pain. I guess they can just have their $2.49 a month....
 
On happier news, we traveled to NC for Thanksgiving the visit Justin's parents and extended family. It was a good trip, but before we went I dipped some pretzels to take along. Don't they look yummy? (On a side note, I totally heated the caramel too long and it was a little too chewy. But, hey, it was still decent.) The pretzels were gobbled up pretty quickly.

For the meal, we had, of course, deep-fried turkey. SOOOOOOO good. It is just really moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is! Another southern staple is collard greens.(I dont' like them though..sorry...) Justin's favorite is sweet potato casserole. His mom makes it by chunking the sweet potatoes into quarters, then adding butter and brown sugar. It cooks till the potatoes are tender, then in the last few minutes you toss the marshmallows on top to brown slightly. I don't normally like sweet potatoes, but these were exceptional! Since we had a big meal both Thursday and Friday, the former with his mom's side, the latter with his dad's side, I was pretty much rolling along... But it was definitely worth it, and it only comes once a year! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment