Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bike Ride to Yellow Springs... Again

Today Justin and I took a bike ride to Yellow Springs. If we had a truck to actually take the bikes to the parking area to start, it would be able 14 miles round trip. Since we don't, we rode from our house, which makes it about 20 miles round trip. Whew! My legs hurt!

I think it was about two weeks ago that we did this same trip, and my legs were sore then too. On the way there, it has a slight uphill feel. Of course the bike path is pretty flat, but you notice the little inclines when you are on a bike. The good thing is that it seems easier on the way back, after you've already rode half of your distance. So I like the ride back a little better.

We go, mostly, so we can eat at the Corner Cone. It's two short blocks from the bike station. I remember going there when I was a little kid and getting the kiddy cone with two candy eyes on it. When you're a kid, it just those small things that make life wonderful. I think lose some of that simple joy as I grow older. I try not to, but life just gets so darn complicated with work, school, a mortgage, etc. So when we were at the Corner Cone today, I made a point to slowly enjoy my chocolate dipped, chocolate-vanilla twist soft serve cone. I asked for a bowl, actually, so that I could just dump it over and eat it real slow. MMM! (Last time I was super sticky from the ice cream melting all over my fingers- see picture)



Apparently mine dipped perfectly the first time, but the attendant was having trouble with Justin's. The first cone dropped into the chocolate. Then the second one did too. It's like the suction from the chocolate pulled the ice cream out of the cone or something! So, they gave Justin this giant bowl of chocolate ice cream and then dumped a huge ladle (or two) of chocolate over top of it. And topped it with cone. Ha! It was seriously, probably four cups worth of ice cream. Justin almost finished it all. Almost.

On the way back, there are a few great old bridges, but this one is one of my favorites. Something about it, the lines and structure, just mesmerize me. Or maybe it's the river below. Either way, it was a great Saturday with my hubby on the bike path.

No comments:

Post a Comment