Friday, August 3, 2012

Greene County Fair 2012

Going to the fair is fun. Maybe not as fun as when you are little, when everything is just magical. But I still like going. Justin and I just walked around to see the animals and eat some fair food. I know it's so incredibly bad for you, but it is so good. I figure I only eat it once a year, so hopefully it doesn't cause any permanent damage. We started off by sharing some fries- just $3- which I thought was a pretty fair price (no pun intended). Then we let that settle a little before getting what we really came for, the funnel cakes. Justin and I both got ours with half chocolate, half regular powdered sugar. YUM!!!
Of course we saw some animal too. The chickens are always fun to look at because of the varieties and colors. When we walked through the lamb and goat barn, it was funny because they really do all have different personalities. Some just sit, others are "baaaa-ing" at you long after you leave. I saw some of the most ginormous rabbits too, and some of the fluffiest I had ever seen. Truly, I could barely tell that one of them was a rabbit because it was so fluffy! We didn't  spend too much time with the others, but I snapped a few pictures still to show Dani, my niece, when I got home.

This fluffy mess is actually a rabbit... (above)
Poor thing is trying to stay cool (below)

Nothing like a llama and chickens at the fair...

I'll end with the funniest picture because it looks like the lamb has two heads-
one on each end- but it's actually two animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment