Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 4th of July Toenails!!

The Fourth of July is coming up in just a couple of days, and last week I painted my toenails for the occasion. See- it's fireworks and firecrackers and stars!

I do love the 4th of July. What kid can't remember going to the fireworks with their family? I just loved it. While I don't think Justin and I will go this year, you can bet that when we have children we will take them every year.

Speaking of America, our wonderful country, I am teaching American Lit next year. I've been perusing the textbook over the last week or so to determine what selections I want to read. American isn't perfect, but I wouldn't want to be any other place. I am so glad to be born and raised in this country, and have all of the opportunities that I do because I live here. It's just awesome to read all of the great literature from our early beginnings to the modern era. Some of the works hold sorrow, others joy. I think it's a pretty truthful look at everything America has been through. I pray that our nation can look to God for the answers, not ourselves!! God bless us, as we strive to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment