Monday, July 23, 2012

Another summer toenail design in paisley

I've really been having fun experimenting with my toenails this summer. The latest is a purple base with a silver paisley and shimmer highlights. I really liked it. But I have to say, after I finished doing them I'm a bit sore from all the bending over. I've always been flexible, it's just that I am in all these weird contortions to get the right angle to paint.  I will have to figure out something to do next for the start of school.

Speaking of school, I went school shopping today. Now, I am not a  student, but a teacher. But I just always say I'm going back to school- I mean, what else would I say? "I'm going back to educate?" That just sounds silly.

Anyway, I went all around today, trying to find a few basics: neutral flats, black 2 inch heels, black pants, pinstripe pants, black cardigan, white cardigan, etc. I found flats!! Not so much of anything else, though I did pick up a few bargains. I got a pair of dressy jeans from Express for $23, which is good since they are usually upwards of $60. (I try never to pay full price-yikes). I also found a pair of navy khaki-like pants from Banana Republic for about $32, which I though was decent. But I really liked a maroon knit dress from Gabriel Brothers (in a Target brand) that I can belt and wear to school. I am starting to really like simple dresses for school. It's just all one piece and you're dressed! I found some necklaces too, which is a nice refresher. Since all my stuff is still in storage from the move, I needed to get a few things to start the year off. I'm still praying that we close before school starts, but I doubt that it will happen. Sigh... such is life.

I still need a black cardigan, but I think I found one at Lands End.com. And I decided that I will wait to see if Express does some back-to-school sales in the next few weeks before I buy full priced pants. They were buy-one-get-one half off today, but it would still cost me about $120 for two pairs. That's a little steep for me!! I can wait a few weeks before going that far.
At least some of the school shopping is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment