Friday, June 8, 2012

Road Trip: Springfield, MO to Dayton, Ohio

YAY!! We made it safe and sound. I am very grateful that we had people praying for our safety and that God allowed us traveling mercies. On this last day, we only stopped to sight-see in St. Louis, MO to see the arch. And it was cool! Although we didn't go up in the arch, just seeing from the ground was neat. Then, you go underground to go through the Museum of Westward Expansion, which very informative. It is set up in a circular arrangement, with the oldest dates toward the center and the later dates in the back of the museum. Really an interesting way to design it all, though in a way it was confusing. But I think that overall the design added to the idea that America's westward movement was an overlapping, continuous motion. In some ways, it was very sad, especially in how the Native Americans were treated. Many quotes on the wall reflected this theme, and it definitely tore at my heart. While I can't do anything about the past, I know that I can make sure I treat everyone fairly in the present.



 


 But the most welcome Arch of all was the Ohio arch!! We are glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment