Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Close to Christmas

December always goes so fast!!

The last few weeks have been crazy at school. It seems that there has been meetings almost every day, or some kind of commitment that I have to keep. They are all good things too, but man, I've been tired. I'm guessing that is why I had to go to the doctor's and get some antibiotics. I am doing better now- for awhile there I could barely talk! Now it's just a bit of a runny nose. But the research essays are almost all graded, and I'm starting to feel like I have a little bit of breathing room.

I am super excited to see Justin in a few days, and also to pick up his parents from the airport. It is going to be nice to all get together for Christmas. We were at their place last year. I already have things cleaned and the munchies set out...

Speaking of munchies, grandma and I were at it again this year. It has become a tradition of sorts to get together and make candy. We dip pretzels, and make buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate), toffee and peppermint bark. This year we added orange hard candy too. MMM. Then on Sunday I made Muddy Buddies, cookies, haystacks, and dipped more pretzels. Delicious! It sure it a lot of sweets, but it's the holidays so I'm letting myself splurge a bit.



I'm all done with shopping, though I am sad that one of my orders hasn't come in yet. I need to ship it out when it comes in; I couldn't have it shipped to each person. Oh well, I sure they will understand. I like being on time with these things though! Besides that, I am all done with my shopping.

On a super sad note, I seem to have a bum Christmas tree. The needles are all brittle. It seems to be holding green, so I just has to last a few more days. I've never had that happen before!

Well, I am going to head to bed soon and get some zzz's. Merry Christmas to all. Good luck with the rest of your shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment