Monday, December 5, 2011

Updating the contacts...

For a few months, literally, I've had "update address list" on my to-do list. I haven't updated it since the wedding, really. Occasionally I would add a few new addresses, scribbled in at the bottom, but I never updated the file on the computer. Which really, I needed to do! So, as I started sending out Christmas cards this week, I sent a Facebook message to people I needed new addresses from. They have been coming in and I FINALLY opened the file and started editing some things.

I even went so far as to color code with categories for each side of the family, CU friends, family friends, and our old church. I supposed I do need to add current ones from our church too. But still, I got quite a bit done.

I also finished grading 100+ book reviews. Granted, I wasn't very picky, I just wanted to see that the students critiqued the book they read instead of just summarizing it. Most did an OK job- probably the average grade was a B- 21/25 or so. Really, I am just glad that they are reading. If I knew they would read without me giving them an assignment, I would skip the assignment. However,  any slightly seasoned teacher, however high expectations they may hold, knows that a product has to be created in order to guarantee that something is done. :)

All in all, a pretty productive night. One my next big projects before the new year is to make a hybrid Bible reading calendar. I used a chronological one in 2010, but the one I had been using for 5 years before that has a really good pace when it comes to how many chapters your read a night. For example, it gives you 10 chapters in Chronicles to skim through, then slows down to one chapter for Proverbs. So, I hope to combine these somehow to have the best of both worlds. I really did like doing it in chronological order, and I think I can make it work. It is going to take a little bit of time though. :)

I keep meaning to blog about the book Tears of a Tiger, but I'll have to get to it later. I'm so sniffly and snotty, I think I just need to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment