Monday, August 15, 2011

Zinnias and school

 
I love that a few of my zinnias are coming up and blooming. They are just the perfect cut flower- colorful, long-lasting, and sturdy. Just wonderful.  

In other news, I started teaching again last Wednesday. I am really enjoying my 10th graders- the maturity jump from 8th grade is definitely noticeable. And I don't have a class yet that is on my "bad class" list. They really all are doing well. Now that we're getting into the second week, I'm sure I see a few students who start squirreling around. 

I am definitely missing summer though... sleeping in....time to cook... hiking... sigh. But ya gotta live, right? So ya gotta work. 

In other news, our church is having their big 10 year anniversary celebration. This weekend we went down our street and invited everyone to the big community breakfast that we are putting one. It should be pretty great, with lots of fabulous food. I'm looking forward to it. 

That's about all my updates for now. I will really try to be better this year since I don't have classes in the evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment