Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheesy Potato Soup

I'm forever scrounging around my cupboard for something to cook. I never really know how it will turn out, but Justin never complains.... what a wise husband! :) I figured that I would post this in case these are items you have sitting in your cupboard too!

Here's my latest soup creation:

4-5 medium potatoes, cubed and cooked
1/2 lb sausage, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of potato soup)
2 cups milk
1 inch slab of Velveeta
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup peas, optional

Cube and begin cooking potatoes in boiling water. Meanwhile, cook sausage in skillet. While sausage and potatoes are cooking, mix cream of mushroom soup, milk, cheese, and peas in large saucepan. Simmer about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peas are tender. Drain sausage and potatoes and add to soup, bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment