Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Three Months Postpartum

My baby is fifteen weeks old. I am back to work this fall, and he is at the sitter's during the day. I don't like leaving him. It's hard for me to trust someone else to take care of my baby, even if it was my own mother. And I know the ladies I have watching him are very caring too!! I might be a little obsessive since I made a chart for the sitter to fill out with how many ounces he at eat meal, how long he slept, poopy and wet diapers.... But I just love Ansel so much. I want him to grow and develop and thrive.

I really don't doubt that he's thriving. Two weeks ago, he had almost doubled his birth weight, so I think he is probably pretty close to it now. He likes to lay under the gym and bat at the toys, and is grabbing onto the rings too. I hang them from his car seat so he has something to swat at too. He kicks his legs and swings his arms like crazy. While he's not quite there, he can just about touch his toes, grabbing at his legs and shins.  His neck muscles during tummy time are great, although he still favors turning to the left side. He makes lots of noise like he wants to tell a story, and it's really fun to listen to him. He smiles. Oh, the smiles. I live for them.

In short, Ansel is doing great.

I am doing pretty good too. I still have about eight pounds to go, and I feel like I have been stuck here for a month. That is frustrating. But I keep telling myself that it will come gradually, and to just eat healthy and be patient. It really stinks not being able to fit back into my clothes right now. Almost can, but not quite! I still don't think I am over giving birth... it just was really hard. I am convinced more and more that the birth process is different for everyone. For some it's easier or faster, and for some, it's longer and more painful. I wish I wasn't in the latter category...

Breastfeeding is going pretty well too. At thirteen weeks, Ansel decided he only wanted to eat every four hours, so he eats at 6 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 5:30 pm, and 8:30 or 9 pm. That's just five times a day. (I was totally content with keeping him at six times a day (every three hours) but he just wasn't eating at those times). Since two of those times I am at work, I pump just once at work right in the middle of the day. Thankfully I can pump over ten ounces in about ten minutes, so I can make up for this just fine. Usually Ansel is eat around five to six ounces from a bottle of breast milk during his daytime feedings. I am glad that I am able to keep up with it. My goal is to reach six months. If things keep going like they are, I might go longer though.We will see.

I think that's a simple summary of where we are now. Gotta get ready for tomorrow now!

No comments:

Post a Comment