Friday, April 4, 2014

Before and After: Guest Room

It's been a long time since I've blogged about house projects, and we certainly have done a few. We patched and painted the basement stairwell and stairs, put down wood floors,  put on a new roof, put up lattice to cover the basement crawlspace, revamped the utility room, converted a half bath into a full, and more I'm sure. Sometime, I'll have to blog about those projects.

For now, I thought I would post about the guest bedroom. It is a small room and was very bland, with carpet that was different from every other room in the house (all of the carpet in the house was removed before we moved in). The room itself was finished soon after we moved in. In fact, we slept in the guest room until our master bedroom was finished. This renovation was relatively simple: paint and flooring. We painted (Copen Blue by Sherwin Williams' Rustic Refined palette) when we first moved in, and flooring came about 6 months later. I already had the bed and cabinet, our neighbor contributed the picture and lamp, and my mom sewed the curtains. I really like the colors in this room and the way it turned out.

Before: Nasty carpet, no color

After: New flooring and color!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment