Saturday, February 1, 2014

Less than 100 days till I meet my baby boy!

I have this wonderful app on my phone that reminded me Thursday that I will meet my baby boy in 100 days... wow.. just about in my third trimester now. Time has gone fast, but also slow. Our last birth class is this Sunday. The other couples in the class are all like-minded about wanted as natural a birth as possible, and it's great just have others to share idea with during this time. Last week, we all brought our birth plans and compared and commented on them. That was very valuable. Our instructor, Julie Harless, is incredible, and I hope she continues to teach these classes because she does an awesome job.

We have been looking at baby names, but no, I'm not posting the possibilities. There are just so many opinions out there, and we want to make the decision without being influence by others. My big thing with names is that I don't want the name to be common, but I do want it to be easy to pronounce, recognize, and spell. I ordered a couple of books in the mail, and one already came this week, Off-The-Grid Baby Names  from Nameberry. Basically, this book lists 1,000's of names that have NEVER been in the top 1,000, since the government started keeping track in the late 1800's. So it has some good ideas.

I've been working out with my cousin Monday and Thursday, and Saturday with my husband. I kept up with running until this week, and I think I am going to have to let it go. With my belly growing, I just feel so much pressure on my bladder (like, eek! can't make it around this lap without running to the restroom). Which is really annoying, because I like running. But walking is less pressure, and I just try to keep my pace up. I still do squats, lunges, and some other pregnancy-specific exercises to keep me in shape for birth too.

I would say my biggest pregnancy symptom now is not being able to sleep well, which leads to me being tired during the day. Not fun. But with all the issues I've heard from others, I am grateful that this is pretty minor compared to that. Hopefully, as third trimester rolls around, the hormone changes again won't bring on other symptoms. It's so fascinating to feel him kicking around inside me. It's like this wonderful special connection that he is telling me he's doing well. It makes me smile. I just wish Justin was able to feel him more. But I know that will be coming very soon. I notice him kicking at school too, and it's a little bit distracting, but just because it makes me focus on my baby and not on class. Still, I love it.

Coming soon, I will post about some of the pregnancy books I've been reading. It's an extensive list that warrants its own post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment