Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring updates!

Check it out! I transplanted some flowers, and they are giving me some color already! Aren't they pretty?

It's so nice that the weather warmed up the last few days, and is supposed to stay this way for a bit! Spring break just ended for me, and I feel like a got a lot accomplished. I already blogged about moving the flower beds back in the front, so that was a big objective for spring break. I also got to spend time with family over Easter, and my niece and nephew, who are 2 and 4 months. They are growing so fast. I was able to have some people over from church and get to know them as well, another big plus.


Then, drum roll please, I have a good draft of my book done! It's over 59,000 words! Now I am just sending it out for people to read and give me some critical feedback. I hope to get it back from them by the start of summer, then make revisions and do some serious editing over summer break. If that happens, perhaps I will be able to send it to a publisher at the end of the summer. That whole process takes some time, so that will be a big step in the sequence. Whew... but now I at least feel like I have something to work with!

With that triumph, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment