Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I love voting!!

I love voting. I just feel so patriotic. I know some people get all caught up and say that each vote doesn't matter because it's really up to the electoral college and yadda yadda yadda... BUT I still believe that voting is part of this great democracy that we have in America. And if no one voted, how would the electoral college vote? It's all tied together, really. MY VOICE DOES MATTER!!

So does your. Did you make yourself heard?

I was listening to B105.9, a country station, this evening and heard the announcer give a shout-out to all those 18-year olds who just voted for the first time. He was proud of them, and I am too. Being informed and participating in democracy is an American rite of passage, I think.  My first presidential election was the Bush/Kerry election in 2004. I was a student at Cedarville U. when Bush drove through Cedarville,  and everyone lined the streets with signs to show support. Of course it is a conservative town, so the reception would be welcoming. I think he stopped in Xenia too, though I didn't leave campus for that. Nevertheless, it was an exciting time and I am glad that I took part in voting in that election. It was great to see some of my students, seniors, who went to vote before school, or were going after. That's just great!

One thing I just keep thinking about too, is how tired Romney and Obama and their teams must be. While they surely both want to win, they must be glad that the campaign is over now. (Heck, I'm tired of seeing the ads). I hope both of them get to relax with their families after this is over. While I don't agree with everything either of them say, I still respect them both as people who are trying to lead. I sure hope they get some rest now!

Peace out... I'm going to check the electoral map and voting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment