Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11... ten years later

Boy without a father

Of all the stories I have read about 9/11 as the anniversary drew near last week, the link above to Peter Negron was one of the most touching. He lost his father when he was just 11, and ten years later he was back to remember his father on the anniversary. It's so heartbreaking.

I love America. I am so proud to be a part of this country. I am glad that we went after the bad guys, and hopefully brought some justice to the families who lost loved ones. Even my father-in-law was deployed for a time in support of the mission. I appreciate it immensely.

The memorial  at Ground Zero is just beautiful from the pictures, and I am hoping that I can return to New York on a visit sometime and see it. I am sure that I will be in tears. Two waterfalls with names of the victims written around them are in the footprint of the original towers.



Nothing else I can say would add to what has already been said. But for the victims' families in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon, my prayers go out to you. I was in tenth grade on September 11, 2001, and I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment