Monday, August 9, 2010

#17 and #32

I'm starting to draw a few conclusions: 1) I'm just a big baby; or 2) This is a lot worse that I thought it would be.

On Friday morning, I went under anesthesia and they pulled tooth #17 and #32. That's the two lower back wisdom teeth. And so recovery begins....

Friday: I pretty much sleep all day, eating a little bit of pudding and not much else. Since I'm sleeping, not much bothers me. I realize late in the day that I still have the heart monitor stickers on me and pull them off.

Saturday: Umm, ouch. The right side of my mouth is beginning to swell, I have a headache, and have horrible nausea. I have to take penicillin and a pain medicine, Propoxyphene, the latter which is making me feel pretty sick. Luckily, Justin is able to get ahold of the doctor and he says to just take Ibuprofen for the pain. It's just kinda of a dull pain anyways, but consistent. Plus, my mouth is stiff so I start using a cold pack. I have to start doing salt water mouth rinses, and try to gently brush the teeth. Still on a liquid diet- juice, broth, applesauce, pudding. Justin and I try to watch a movie, but between the noise and trying to hold the cold pack, it's just not working out. Justin reads our daily Bible reading to me out loud before bed, and I try to concentrate.

Sunday: Stayed home from church. I feel really groggy and can't talk too well, and you know you always talk at church. More pudding, more broth, more swelling, more sleep. Less nausea though, thank goodness. I feel majorly lame because it shouldn't take me this long to get better. On top of it, since we sold my Cougar yesterday, we need to go get me a car. So, about 4:30 we head over and buy a new Honda Fit (more on that later). We get back around 7:30, and I'm exhausted.

Monday: I slept horrible last night. Like bad, bad. I couldn't get comfortable. I need to get to school to work on my classroom, but it's just not happening. After a hot bath, I end up going back to sleep for a few hours, after which I wake up, and decide it is my duty to blog. After all, I don't want to forget how nasty this recovery it. That way, when I am having a bad day, I can just say "at least I didn't just get my teeth pulled." Seriously. I will.

Part of the problem with all of this is that I hate wasting time. And that is what I feel like I have done all weekend! I always want to feel profitable, and I really, really, haven't.

I should add that the doctor was great and gave me very complete recovery directions. I don't blame him for anything. This is just inevitable!

No comments:

Post a Comment