Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why My Husband Loves Me

Food. That's the bottom line. If his belly is happy, he's happy!

So perhaps that is quite a bit shallow, and of course not true. But the adage "the way to man's heart is through his stomach" always rings true for me.

Here was my quick recipe from last night. I hopelessly throw together my own recipes, and some turn out and some do not. This one did:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup ham, cubed
1 cup peas
3-4 cups potatoes, cut in 1/2 in. cubes (hash browns or tater tots work fine too and are E-Z!)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup crushed crackers
salt and pepper to taste

  1. Mix soup, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper in bowl.
  2. In greased casserole pan, mix cubed ham, peas, and potatoes.
  3. Pour soup mixture on top and mix to evenly coat ham, peas, and potatoes.
  4. Melt butter and mix with crackers, sprinkle on top.
  5. Cook on 350 for about 45 minutes- 1 hour.
  6. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool and set up. Serve to a hungry man!
Variations: Add chopped onions or carrots, or your favorite spices. You could also substitute cream of cheddar or cream of mushroom soup.

When I'm not improvising, my favorite site is All Recipes. Check out their awesome advanced search where you can search by ingredient too!

No comments:

Post a Comment