Saturday, August 17, 2013

Coco's Bistro Date

Justin and I went to Coco's Bistro last night for a date. It's so nice to dress up and get away. While it was a bit more than our traditional choices, we had it recommended to us. We weren't disappointed.

First, it's super easy to get to, right off of 35 in downtown Dayton. We had made reservations for 6pm, but it wasn't too crowded when we go there at all, though it did get busier as the hour progressed. Starting with the Fried Brie was a great choice! The brie is served with yummy bread and a host of other flavors swirled on the plate.

Next came our salads. I got a lovely spinach-blueberry salad with almonds and a sweet dressing, and Justin had a Caesar salad with honey balsamic dressing. I usually don't get into salads, but mine was really good.  Before the main course, they brought out the bread, and oh, was it delicious. It came with a freshly-mixed sweet butter. I wish I could tell you exactly what the bread was, but it reminded me of something between the texture of cornbread and French bread. It was thick but not too much, yet spongy too. Either way, I wish we had had more!

The main course for me was Shrimp Scampi Ravioli. The sauce wasn't too hot when you at it with the ravioli and shrimp, which I think means that it had a perfect balance. Justin ventured out and got the Cherry BBQ Duck Breast. We both liked it- in some ways it reminded me of the texture of squirrel or rabbit that I have had growing it. I don't think it was "gamey" though like some people say... anyway, it was good, and the sauce was tasty!! Justin's side of jalapeno cornbread stuffing had just a bit of kick, and the potatoes just the right amount of salt.

All in all, we would definitely go back again!! Try it out: http://www.228coco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment