Thursday, February 14, 2013

Twice!

I actually went running twice this week. Monday, and today. Even if it was only about a mile, at least I went! Last summer and early fall, I was running 2-4 miles, about three times a week. I was feeling good too. Then we bought the house, and my evenings were spent painting, cleaning, sanding, drywalling, decorating, unpacking, and generally adjusting to a new place. So I barely ran at all. Since dad signed me up for the Air Force Half-marathon this fall, I figured that I should get started. While I have plenty of time to train, I just needed to get back into it anyways.

The thing is, I'm really not competitive when it comes to running. I just like running.... just because. I know that most people think I'm crazy, but running is my downtime, plus I just feel healthier too! It helps me think. But dad says we should do some training races, so I guess I'm going to do the 5K here in town in March. It's only 3 miles, but that sounds like a lot to me right now. But I have a month to get up to that, so I think I can do it. I'm going to try anyways. Still, I won't really have any time goals for the race except to finish. Finishing is good in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment