Friday, September 21, 2012

Homeowners Day 7 and 8 ... Prepping to Paint

The last two nights we have been working like crazy to get a few rooms ready to paint. Tomorrow we have family coming to help us! Yay!! So the walls had to be washed, then the inside of the windows got taped. Next, we put Kilz on the walls were the previous occupants had scribbled on the walls. We also had to patch a few places and sand them down. After that, I went ahead and painted the trim with Creamy from HGTV by Sherwin Williams paint. It's part of a whole-house color scheme called Rustic Refined so you can harmonize your home. All of our trim and doors will be the Creamy color. It's almost white. I like it because it isn't too bright.

It actually takes quite a while to prep before you paint the walls. (You can see what the frame looks like before any prepping in the picture). And even when I had the trim painted, I still needed to go back with the wall color, Copen Blue, and trim around the windows so it would be ready to roll. But hopefully all of that will make it easy for grandpa to roll the walls. Oh, and the ceiling needs painted too.... It's a lot of work, but I keep telling myself that it is worth it, because it is ours!!

Justin sanded the patches down and dad worked on the Kilz in the dining room after bringing us ice cream around 8PM... YUM!  I needed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment