Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pinnacles National Monument

Last weekend I hiked down at Pinnacles National Monument with my good teacher friend Kelly. It has some crazy rock formations and  cool caves too. It's only good to go about this time of year though, because it gets very hot and dry by about mid-May. I went last year in May, and I was perspiring like gusher. We took a trail that loops around the southern part of the park and through the southern caves as well. It was about the same as the northern route I did last year, except it had a few steeper portions of rocks- like they actually have rails installed and steps carved out of the rock for you to climb up. I'm not sure which one I liked better, but I am leaning towards the northern trail.
I hope to take a few of the youth group kids in the next few weeks before it gets too hot. I know they would love the wacky rocks and going through the caves.

Here's a few pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment