Thursday, November 3, 2011

miscellany

1. I'm sitting here eating spoonfuls out of the hot fudge jar. MMM... taste that sugar sliding down your throat.

2. I had collaboration with a fellow teacher today to create our benchmarks. It was so nice to have the time to work together, and feel like we had control over the curriculum. I collaborated with our ELD teacher, who also teaches English II. Her insights were great and I loved hearing about her teaching experiences.

3. I'm excited for my junior highers at church to present Colossians chapter one to the church in two Sundays. It's so thrilling to see them commit the versed to memory and really embrace the truth. I also had them start their thanksgiving pillows  this week.... I'll have to post a picture of the finished projects next week!

4. I have to sell tickets for the football game tomorrow. Meh. Not so excited about that, but hoping that I will see some of my former students too. It's part of my teacher duties, which aren't always fun, but it helps out the school. It's good for me to get out and support the school as well. It's not so good that I am making caramel twists for breakfast Monday before we go to evangelism, which means that I will probably be up a little late. Not so cool, but worth it. Last week, I actually dreamed that I was making them and they were coming out the the oven all gooey and scrumptious. Isn't that ridiculous?

I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment