Sunday, June 27, 2010

Luau- Themed Potluck

Tonight at church Justin and I are responsible for the monthly potluck. I think that our church is pretty notorious for our get-togethers after services with all the food that you could ever want. It really is a great time to try some new dishes, but more importantly, fellowship with others in the church and get to know new folks too.

As the title shows, the theme is a luau- basically anything tropical that you might find in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure we are going to have a huge amount of dishes with pineapple. I myself am making a pineapple-flavored cake with fluffy icing, as well as pineapple fudge that I wanted to try out. I'm stirring in between typing, actually! I'm not sure that I have successfully made fudge before, but I figure that you can't get better unless you try! (Of course, it would probably help if I had a candy thermometer...)

Anyways, I'll have to post with pictures later. Happy Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment