Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thrifting!

So, Ohio has this going for it: great thrift stores. Crystal and I went today to Valley Thrift. It's a huge store. I don't like that they are pricey on items that come in with tags ($20 for a name-brand coat) but on anything else they are really reasonable. I got a gray/blue cardigan with detailing down the center for $2.99. I found my mom a cute navy tank top for $1.99. Good deal, right?

And of course, I am always looking for the vintage tee to wear around the house and not have to worry about getting dirty. I got two tees for .29 cents each and two more tees for .09 cents each. WOWSERS. Can't beat that. Here's the sweet Atari "Represent" tee and another one about a jump rope workshop. Jealous, my friends? Just check out your local thrift store for your own amazing tee. I know some of the well-known brands in the mall try to make shirts look vintage and worn, but these babies really are. I wouldn't trade 'em! They just bring a certain bit of personality that can't be imitated. I know I should grow out of them sooner or later, but I just can't seem to shake 'em.


To top it off, I found a few books, Island of the Blue Dolphins and Gary's Winter (sequel to Hatchet) AND- AND- drumroll please- a whole paperback set of the A Wrinkle in Time four-book series. Stoked, am I. Indeed. I love finding these so that I can loan them out to students without worrying about what I paid for them.

Crystal found a coat, a few cool lights for their basement, and some horrid green-and-red knitted placemats for her next Ugly Sweater party. I better be invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment